BPM and Grid Jumps to 120 After Syncing from Lexicon to Engine

@djductape I tried your tracks but I can’t recreate the 120 BPM problem.
Beatgrid lock/unlock seems to work normally here as well.

Can you make an exact step by step where this 100% happens? Screenshots (or video, even better) would be very helpful. Preferably starting from an empty Engine database.

Once I finish some housework I’ll get my 120 BPM track uploaded. I’ll also take a video of my full workflow and show the issues I’m seeing exporting to Engine. I’ll use a fresh Engine database.

I actually just saw that 0.3.34 got released. This is MUCH better than what was happening with 0.3.33, but it’s still not perfect. The first track of the playlist, for whatever reason, has a beat grid that’s off. It’s only the first track. Interestingly this track is also exporting the key wrong, with Lexicon saying it’s 9M (which matches up to what Rekordbox think it is, albeit in Camelot (4A) not OpenKey (9M)) while it got exported to Prime as 10D. Here’s screenshots of the track all the way along the process:

Rekordbox beat grid:

Which made it to Lexicon correctly:

But got exported to Engine like this:

Everything else seems to have exported correctly from a quick glance.

Just to update on the key part, when I set Convert Keys to OpenKey before doing the export keys were correctly exported for the few tracks where they were wrong. So doesn’t seem related to the beat grid issue on the first track.

I’ll test key conversion specifically for 4A in RB to Engine.

The grid in Engine just seems off by 1 bar? Are the cues also off?

Strangely no, the cues are right where they should be. If I adjust the grid in Engine it will offset them incorrectly, but from Lexicon they are exported at exactly the right spots in the track. The grid is just 1 bar off.

Re: The key thing, as I said, when I told Lexicon to specifically convert to OpenKey before exporting to Engine they got to engine correctly. It’s when I had “Original Key” selected that a few tracks were wrong in Engine.

I think the grid starting point goes below 0 in Engine, but it doesn’t like that so it instead shows the first bar exactly 1 bar later. So the grid is in the right place, just offset by 1 bar.

I can’t really make it better than this. Changing the first beat to 0 here would be incorrect. So I think this result in Engine is as good as it can get. It would be better if Engine allowed markers below 0 but it doesn’t do that.

Hey sorry for the delay. It’s been a busy weekend. I can have a video done and uploaded tomorrow.

1 Like

Fair enough explanation. The only thing that makes me wonder a little is that this track did export correctly in to Engine prior to 0.3.33. It’s not a huge issue, my cues are in the right spot which is really the important part, it’s just odd that it was fine before but seems to be off now.

Not a show stopper either way given the cues are correct.

I didn’t change anything in the beatgrid export lately. But I do think what is is now is the best we can get. A beatgrid starting below zero would be better but it’s simply not possible in Engine as far as I know.

@Brainling I’m not seeing a key conversion problem from 4A. It ends up as 4A in Engine. Are you still seeing this problem in the latest version?

Made the video illustrating the issue that after a second export from Lexicon to Engine, tracks in Engine BPM change to 120. I started with a fresh Engine database. Again, my initial export from Lexicon to Engine works flawlessly. The errors occur when exporting from Lexicon to Engine, after my initial export. Please forgive my thinking out loud within the video :slight_smile:

I also noticed that with the new 0.3.34 update, importing into Lexicon from Serato takes about 8 hours, where it used to take about 10 minutes. I did a fresh install of Lexicon with the same time results, about 8 hours.

Here is the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13sXA8Mfx6A7_mGvZVDn2Jz-qBmG1JfFs/view?usp=sharing

@Christiaan. Hope all is well! Any thoughts on the 120 BPM issue?

Thank you sir!

Just tried it but I don’t see the problem here, even on the second sync. I tried it with your earlier uploaded tracks as well.

Can you upload a few (~10) tracks that were 120 in your video? Not sure where the problem lies right now but let’s start by looking there

Here are a few more: More Tracks – Google Drive

Seems like every track I click on changes to 120. To get engine to fix the track, I have to unlock the track and then re analyze it. After that, it’s fixed. Hope this helps. Thank you!

Still can’t recreate it here :confused:

Can you upload your database (from the Help menu)? After you see the 120 bug happening in Engine. And can you mention a few tracks that you saw the bug on right at that moment?

Uploading. Thank you.

What tracks are you seeing 120 bpm on right now? I need a few otherwise I don’t know where to look. And because it seems random, I’m not sure I can use the ones from the video

Hey Christian,

Sorry, I deleted my engine database to start fresh again. It seems that most of the songs are affected, so picking a random older song in engine should work. If need be, I can re-visit this in a week again after I update.

Just wondering, could it be that these tracks don’t have a beatgrid in Lexicon when you sync to Engine?
I thought they would be analysed with grid, but now I’m not seeing a grid there in your database. So maybe that has something to do with it