BPM and Grid Jumps to 120 After Syncing from Lexicon to Engine

Nope. they are all gridded properly in lexicon, imported from Serato. I know others are having this issue from the Denon DJ forum.

Very weird… The only thing I can think of now is that I inspect your Engine database file. Maybe the beatgrid data in there has answers. Do you still have it? It’s the Music/Engine Library/Database2/m.db file. Need to know a few tracks that had the 120 bpm too.

Yeah, it was still in the trash from my recent engine refresh. Here is a link: Engine Library – Google Drive

I would just reference the tracks I previously uploaded. Again, I deleted that database and started fresh to properly update my serato to engine. The first sync works flawlessly. I can re-visit this after my next sync, which will cause the 120bpm problem to happen.

Sorry I’m not helping much. I appreciate it Christiaan.

Does your BPM adjust change to a large number too? If you correct it after load back to 0%, is the BPM normal?

Sorry I don’t understand. The BPM and associated grid changes to 120BPM no matter what the tracks actual or previous BPM was. If I re analyze in Engine, the BPM gets fixed.

I think the question is, do any go to BPM Rates above 120? I have seen some double BPM

Does the speed go way up there (or on the device)? Someone else had a similar problem and his BPM adjust changed which is why it went to 120 BPM

I don’t think so but I’ll double check. Thanks! I’ll definetly check it out after the next time I synch from Lexicon.

Same issue here!

the big problem is … we can’t trace it back to where it exactly happened.

• i had a perfect engine library.

• imported it to lexicon via the sync =>
    image-function

• From this moment on i work out my cue markers (txt, colors)

• now i sync the lexicon library to the engine library
    image these settings worked untill a ± 20-30 days ago btw…

• now comes the fun part earlier explained… with the 120bpm…
    (load a tune in denon engine app / or if you synced that engine library to an external sd/usb…)

• The messed up part is … when you have a working systemflow like earlier… and you see nothing wrong with your new library in engine (because the bpm values show perfect, it’s when you load a track it goes into oblivion) you’ll think everything is a-ok… and you replace the old back up with this new "more accurate " one… ONLY to find out on your gear that all is turned into 120bpm’s… 5-6-7 edit sessions ago

• Long story short; because engine gives us an “ok” view on the bpm of the tunes in the colom we suspected nothing is wrong, because it always worked perfect… we unsuspectingly probably import a faulty library (again engine gives us the right bpm view in the colom) to lexicon again to do some edits, repeat process… we simply can not pin point the exact moment where it went wrong…

i’m really gutted because i just got over a engine-database crash from ±4 months ago
your lexicon app really helped me out big time !! (especially with the edit > cue color replace / txt replace function)

But now because of the faulty library syncs i can start over again … ( the cue points are still on point tho’ but the grids are all set to 120 bpm) with re-analysing & double checking +11.000 tunes…

At this moment i’m really depressed because i have probably another ± 4 months to go and rebuild… Or selling the whole lot because these situations really suck the motivation & energy out of me (especially in this damned covid climate) Or is it realy the whole Denon ecosystem that seems to mess things up every time over & over again??

-Rant off

I am able to see the issues in Engine before it appears on the decks. Just start loading random songs in Engine desktop and the BPM will start changing to 120. I’d say it happens to 85% of the tracks I start to load.

I feel your pain. My fix is to delete my engine database, sync from lexicon, let engine take 6 hours to analyze everything again, and then everything is perfect.

I feel your pain. My fix is to delete my engine database, sync from lexicon, let engine take 6 hours to analyze everything again, and then everything is perfect.

That’s the big issue here… my lexicon database is been created from a faulty Engine library… (that i tought was fine because the bpm’s were ok (before loading etc. etc.) so my grids & bpm’s are also faulty in the lexicon database now…

exporting from lexicon to engine now will result in more wrong then…

The only things on a track that are ok in engine are the cue markers… those stayed on point… so 'm not 100% rebuilding from scratch in Engine.

It seems that Engine always finds something to mess up months of work…
over & over again…

Whilst I understand the frustration of this situation can I please remind you that this is BETA software at present and you should ALWAYS make backups.

The reason software is released in Beta is to find and repair any issues, so it is VERY likely that things will go wrong.

Please do NOT rant in the forum, this is a place for fixes and remedies.

Thanks

3 Likes

@N.D.M You can re-analyze your entire library and overwrite beatgrids. That will get rid of the 120 everywhere in Lexicon. Then after that, you can run the quantize cues recipe to put all your cues exactly on the beatgrid. Not a perfect fix since these are auto generated beatgrids and the ones you maybe added by hand, but still much better than broken beatgrids everywhere.

I’ll be doing another pass at this problem soon, I won’t give up.

1 Like

@StuR

I please remind you that this is BETA software at present and you should ALWAYS make backups.

I know! but from the 1st look back to engine it all looked ok…
So i replaced the back up with what i tought was a good library…

@Christiaan

You can re-analyze your entire library and overwrite beatgrids. That will get rid of the 120 everywhere in Lexicon.

But in lexicon the bpm & grid is ok (WAS ok because i reimported a faulty engine library)

Then after that, you can run the quantize cues recipe to put all your cues exactly on the beatgrid.

No can do, my mappings seem to be too complicated be simply generated …
'll try but 'm affraid 'll mess thing s up more… (it’s a cool tool for easy 4/4 more comercial music i gues, but for a tad more complicated d&b/core/crossbreed/idm… 'm affraid 'm gona get weird stuff

i think 'll just gona remake the whole database in rekordbox.
I hope the cross sync from RB to Lexicon back to RB for cue colors & cue names will be stable enough… Fingers crossed

(the main use for lexicon for me was :

• Engine to lexicon
  • Cue colors/names replace
  • Lexicon back to Engine (other platforms)
  • Export to sd for denon devices
1 Like

I have to say that I use Lexicon for movemnts from Lexicon to Serato and Engine (External) drive and with 70k+ songs so far I have not come across the problems to the degree you have, I have been testing all weekend and the only problem I had was a double up of BPM that was resolved by making sure the track was analyzed in Engine and then I re-exported from Lexicon again.

All I can say is don;t ever assume with Beta software that everything is at it looks, because inevitably it isn’t.

It’s not good but it is the way it is sadly.

The sync system has a mass of variables from track info stored in the headers to database entries and then the differences between all the info in every software, it takes a lot of time to resolve this.

Please take this message as it is meant, just a friendly reminder of why we are all here, to help get this software fit for full release.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a problem within lexicon, as my grids are perfect in Lexicon. The issue arises when exporting from lexicon to engine a second time and thereafter. It could be that engine is screwing grids up, or that on export, Lexicon changes grids.

Thanks for all your help gentlemen.

1 Like

We’re all in the same boat here indeed.

From what i experience is that Denon Engine finds a way to mess it up once again.
Lexicon exports to rekordbox / traktor / serato seemed to work ok enough (some minor details but from what i read on the forum @Christiaan is on the case) and Engine too untill a couple of upgrades ago…

'm going to let it rest for a week now & set up a nice & steady list so i can quickly get back on track

1 Like

Just had this problem (or very similar) happen. Every track jumped to SPEED -100 causing the BPM to be on 0 and the waveform way way stretched.
Then I tried to recreate it but I couldn’t… Super weird. Still on it though!

Crazy. I don’t think my speed is being affected but I’ll verify on the next export from Lexicon to Engine. Thank you, Christian!

I fixed the bug I mentioned before. I’m not 100% sure it is the same bug as the 120 BPM bug but it is very similar. Next update has the fix, let’s hope it’s gone then.

1 Like