Do not export beatgrids and some metadata

Hi.

Two questions for help, please.

1. Is there any way/option that when exporting from LXC to another application the beatgrid is not exported?
  1. I would also like to ask if LXC can save the modified fields directly in the audio metadata tags and how it could be done.

One of the inconveniences that I am finding is, for example, with VDJ. If the track has a value of 72 stored in the BPM tag, when I analyze it, it leaves it that way. However, if I clear the value and let VDJ parse, the value is 144.

I have doubts if the same thing will happen with other tracks that are analyzed with other software and have saved the value of the BPM tag and, therefore, it is not as precise and VDJ does not modify it.

How could I modify, for example, the BPM tag value of all the tracks in my collection, leaving that value empty?

No there is no way to skip syncing the beatgrid other than deleting the beatgrid in Lexicon. There is a recipe for that if you want that.

You can write to the files by right clicking tracks → Use → Write tags to file.

You can’t modify the BPM tag directly in Lexicon, it all happens through the beatgrid. If you change the beatgrid BPM, then the BPM field will update too.

Ok. Now I understand why even deleting the value of the BPM tag with the external application Mp3tag, LXC continued exporting that value to VDJ and it was a mystery to me. Now I know it was because of the beatgrid. If I remove it, as you indicate, the value appears empty now in VDJ and VDJ
did the correct BPM analysis i wanted and expected.

Don’t you think it would be useful to add the possibility of deleting/empty the value of the BPM field while deleting the beatgrid?

Well I think it’s best to set up your beatgrids in Lexicon so they export to VDJ as they are, then there is no problem. Doesn’t that solve the problem for you?

Excuse me, but I don’t quite understand what you mean by:

Do you mean to use the beatgrid resulting from the analysis that LXC does?

I remind you that the problem I have with VDJ, I indicated it to you in my previous reply, is that if VDJ finds a value in the BPM tag, it does not perform the analysis correctly. And my wish is to leave the analysis that VDJ does since it is more correct.

I have noticed that both Engine DJ and VDJ do incorrect parsing if the BPM tag value is not empty. VDJ’s analysis is more accurate than Engine DJ’s.

I finally completed the process by emptying the value of the BPM tag with Mp3tag and later eliminating the beatgrid that the previous import from Engine DJ brought.

I need to start the process with Engine DJ as it is the only software that creates the folder-like playlist structure.

Okay, but be careful because Lexicon does not support the same structure that Engine does. Tracks in a playlist folder are not supported in Lexicon. So make sure that what you are trying to accomplish works in Lexicon because if it does not, then it’s also not possible to convert to VDJ.

I would let VDJ overwrite the analysis, it shouldn’t matter what the BPM value is then. I’m not aware of how VDJ changes the analysis if the BPM value exists, but I think it should just overwrite any beatgrid if you let it re-analyze.

To my understanding, LXC is correctly treating the structure of playlists created with EDJ.
Attached capture of the import made in both EDJ/LXC:

In addition, once the export to VDJ and import back to LXC is done, including other changes made to the tracks such as added cues, modification of fields with recipes, etc. the last export process to EDJ, LXC works tremendously well, perfectly and correctly, again respecting the playlist structure. It´s amazing.

Since VDJ analyzes the tracks differently, depending on whether they have a value in the BPM tag or not, i’m going to try to ask in the VDJ forum to see what they answer me about it. Thanks.

1 Like

I have asked in the VDJ forum in relation to why VDJ could be giving priority to the value stored in the BPM tag to the value returned by the analysis, in my case: BPM tag (72) analysis (72), correct value (144 ), and this is what they answered me:

The only thing that is preserved from the tag in this case is the range.
For many tracks it is more a matter of preference if you prefer 70 or 140, so that’s why vdj preserves the range already present in the tag.
VDJ will still choose 70.01 etc… if that is more accurate, even if the tag just has 70.

Match BPM will still work either way also.