Engine DJ’s playlists are a mess

A kind of miracle just happened! I synced Lexicon to another external drive, the one that’s in my SC6000M. The process was quick and the playlists seem to be okay. (At first sight.) I am now going to try the other drive again. If it’s slow again, it must be the drive, I guess. Maybe I have to buy more expensives drives… :expressionless:

So I guess there where two seperate problems. The first was the messed up playlists. I think (hope) we solved that by removing the databases and start again. The second one was the slowness of the process. That’s still a bit of a mystery, could be my drives, but I’m not sure. I’ll do some more testing and will let you know! At this moment I’m glad I can go on editing my playlists for the next gig. Thanks!

It could be any number of things… What I’m thinking off:

• slow USB protocol/cable
  • slow drive
  • fragmented drive
  • drive could be nearing its end of life…

Or any combination of those

The slow drive is just a couple of months old. It’s a ssd, so it shoudn’t be slow. But like I said, it was a rather cheap one (Sandisk). The one in the SC6000M is a Samsung and I think they have a good reputation. That one is much older and I would expect it to be more fragmented, as its being used much more. But like I said, I will do some more testing and syncing. I have started a new sync to the slow (Sandisk) drive and it’s at 99% again. (And remaining there.) I aborted that sync and tried the Samsung again. Again very fast.

Just tried a third drive. A Crucial SSD. Also very fast. So I think that mystery is finally solved. I guess the earlier problem of the slow drives (then it was not just one drive being slow) could have been of problem of the database and now it was just a problem of the drive itself.

Alright, good to know! Maybe it has slow seek speeds or something, you could google it for a benchmark if you want some more answers.

1 Like

I guess I found the answer… https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/poagd9/sandisk_ssd_plus_1tb_bad_realworld_performance/

Thanks for your help and patience!

1 Like

Ok wow! Glad to have solved that haha. Apparently worse speeds than an old HDD drive :joy:

I tried to delete my Engine DJ database and resync’d the Lexicon database. The playlist issue still remains.

Can you make a new topic with a breakdown of the situation? Current topic is a bit too chaotic