FLAC, AIFF, WAV files do not export to USB after Rekordbox 6 (Beta) sync

Lexicon version: 1.1.21
Operating system: Mac

Bug description:
After syncing Lexicon to Rekordbox with the Rekordbox 6 (beta) option, only MP3s and MP4s are exported to USB. FLAC, AIFF and WAV files are not exported. The Rekordbox log states the following error: [2] - The file is in a format that the CDJ/XDJ/ mobile device doesn’t support.

There are 2 workarounds:

  1. Reanalyze every file in Recordbox, then FLAC, AIFF and WAV files will export to USB. (must be repeated after every full sync from Lexicon to Rekordbox)
  2. Remove tracks from the Recordbox collection and add them again with Lexicon’s Rekordbox XML.

I created a Traktor playlist with 10 files of each file type (mp3, mp4, WAV, FLAC, AIFF).
Imported to Lexicon
Export from Lexicon to Rekordbox using the Rekordbox 6 (beta) sync

This is an image of the playlist in the Rekordbox collection:

After export to USB, every FLAC, WAV and AIFF file is not exported. This is an image of the export log:

And this is the image of the playlist on the USB in the Devices section. Only the MP3s and MP4s are exported. Note the sample rate is listed as 0 for all the tracks:

After removing the playlist from the USB and reanalyzing the entire playlist, all files can now be exported to the USB as shown here. Note the sample rate is now correctly populated for each file and the bitrates for VBR files are shown differently:

Curious that MP3s work fine but the rest doesn’t…

I’ll have to investigate it, not sure why this is yet.

Yes, it is quite strange. Thanks for looking in to it!

Just tried several different audio formats here but no problem exporting to USB.

The error you have suggests that your USB has more information than mine, because Rekordbox says “CDJ/XDJ/mobile device”. Is there anything about the USB?

Can you try the same procedure with a different, completely blank USB?

Thanks again for checking this issue.

I tried it with a different, newly formatted USB . With both Fat32 and HFS+ and got the same result each time.

I thought it may be related to the sample rate display being zero for all the tracks in the playlist which changes to the correct value when the tracks are re-analyzed again.

After a fresh sync with the Lexicon generated XML, the USB export works correctly.

Can you check your Rekordbox settings? This one:

Maybe related to that

The setting is set on CDJ/XDJ as shown in the image

If you have another computer, can you install Rekordbox there and test it on a fresh USB?
Just wondering if it is Rekordbox, the USB or something else cause I’ve never seen this before yet

I tested it on my Windows 10 computer and all the tracks did sync on the newly formatted USB.

It’s very odd that it works on my Windows machine but not on the mac.

One difference I noticed is that on the Windows Rekordbox, the sample rates of all the files are populated correctly at “44100 Hz” and the bit rate of variable bit rate files are listed as “VBR”, while on the Mac Rekordbox, the sample rates of all the files are populated as “0 Hz” and the variable bit rate files list the bit rate values. Once I re-analyze, the sample rates are correctly populated and the variable bit rate files state “VBR”.

I’ll investigate this again when I do the next release for Lexicon, in a week or 2.

If you find any other information about this, do let me know! Right now it’s still a bit vague where this is coming from

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.