Grouped view for linked or remixed tracks

Hi Christiaan,

I’ve been thinking about a function that would allow you to link tracks together.
For example, an original track and its remixes.

Lexicon could detect similar names or make suggestions and then group them together.
In a right-click view / view remixes for example or in a side panel.

The automatic function is the best, but the mvp can be the user can add manually that tracks.

I know that this function won’t be able to be exported to mix software, but for library management or playlist creation it could be useful.

This function could also be used to mark tracks that go well together for memory purposes.
I think the function exists in rekordbox but I don’t use it and I’m not sure.

I’d like to have your opinion on this function. I haven’t found a topic asking for it here.

Thanks

1 Like

I’ve had that idea for a while, a kind of “alternative track” thing. Being able to link tracks together and then choose which of the linked tracks would appear in a playlist.
It could be pretty interesting but I wonder if it would be used a lot.

I think this would be great to link edits and remixes together or just be able to link tracks together that you know are a PERFECT blend because you’ve done the blend before.

Imagine you’re creating a set list and when you add a specific tune to a playlist, it pulls in the track you’ve linked it to automatically.
Really useful when fleshing out ideas for a new mixtape or set list.

It’s on the potential ideas list for later (not planned).

Did you look at Mixable Tracks btw? Might be useful for you, it’s meant to help find your next mixable track quickly: Mixable Tracks

Hi,

For my personal use, I see 3 principal usages :

• I’m a resident DJ in several bars and that over time my sets are similar with the trendy songs… Having this function would allow me to prepare in advance to replace tracks with remixes that I don’t play often. Actually, I do this manually via the search/filter column. Its not necessarily simple (artist and track need to be set) and i need to repeat action every weeks for many tracks

• To be able to prepare tracks that go well together and that I’ve linked myself
    I tried the mixable track, but it was too mathematical based on BPM and Key. Not the vible but that’s just my musician opinion I only trust my ear anf vibes for this :sunglasses:.

• It allows me to clean up my library with remixes that I won’t play again, because sometimes I have 10 versions of the same track and duplication doesn’t work.
    For this I refer to this request that I posted. Duplicate Track has never really allowed me to clean out my library of olders versions and remix.

Kind of how Linked tracks now works in Virtual dj. I have used both Rekordbox and Virtual versions and Virtual works quite well with my work flow. would be an even better work flow if i could do the manual linking inside lexicon and able to save history links as playlists