Serato Library Won't Import Most Songs to Lexicon

Hi, I’m having difficulty importing my music into Lexicon from Serato. My Serato Library and all my songs are stored on an external hard drive is that a potential issue? I’m using an M1 Mac.

Out of 49000 tracks it is only importing 12000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers folks.

Hi!
Is your external drive connected? If it is connected and there are no problems reading it, then Lexicon should be able to import from it.

Otherwise, you can upload the log files from the Help menu in Lexicon and I can check those logs for you for any potential issues.

Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me, yes my external hard drive is connected. Lexicon does find it but for some reason only some songs end up on Lexicon. It finds all my crates too but some are empty.

I will upload the log files now, thank you for your help :slight_smile:

I don’t see anything strange in the logs. Can you upload your _Serato_ folders? Then I can run the same import here and figure out why it’s doing that.

If you zip both your _Serato_ folders, one at Music/_Serato_ and the other one your external drive then you can upload them with this link

I’ve zipped them and started to send them across, so they should be with you shortly.

Thanks again for taking the time to look for me, it’s much appreciated

Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow and get back to you. I don’t see the upload yet but maybe it’s still going.

It should be with you now, my internet isn’t the fastest lol. Thanks, no need to rush, I’m at work all day tomorrow so don’t worry too much about how long it may take :slight_smile:

Just ran the import here with both your Serato folders but I get ~49000 tracks imported.
Did you do a Full Import?

Hi Christiaan,

Yeah I did the full import. However, I have tried individual crates and that seems to work ok. Do you think it would be worth trying putting my library in one crate and doing it that way?

I gave it a try and unfortunately still no luck :frowning:

I am having the same issue. It is only importing some of the songs.

@IllumiNight maybe a virus scanner or something else blocking Lexicon access to the Serato external disk? Try a reboot, might also help.

I’m not sure what the issue is, since your exact Serato folders work on my system.

I did notice something in your logs now. It seems that the underlying process called tagger is not returning results after a while. Maybe something is blocking that?

Morning, I’ve just rebooted and giving it a go again. The only firewall I have is the one which comes with my mac.

I’ve looked on finder for tagger and it’s come up with these in the pic below. Could it be something in here maybe?

The Sync is complete and unfortunately it’s still not picking it up? Thank you for all your help so far btw, it’s much appreciated.

The tagger is a process that you can see in Activity Monitor during the import. All I can see in the logs is that it is trying to read tracks from it but it is giving zero results.

Can you try resetting Lexicon, from the Help menu? That deletes the tagger and will re-install it. Then try the import again.

Ah I see, ok I’ll try this now and fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: it’ll work

I’ve tried again and I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Still no luck unfortunately.

We can try to do a screen share with TeamViewer if you’re okay with that. Would like to resolve this of course!
Easier to PM me on Discord for that: http://chat.lexicondj.com

ok I’ll click the link now, thank you