Serato Library Won't Import Most Songs to Lexicon

Hi Dave, with help from @Christiaan I was able to find out the format of my external hard drive was the issue.`The format made it perform slow, this in turn meant Lexicon wasn’t able to import the songs as it was taking too long.

I’m on mac and my hard drive was formatted to ExFAT. I’ve reformatted it to *Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

This has sped things up and allowed the full import. I hope this helps if you are on Mac too :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I am assuming you were able to change the format of the hard drive without losing all of the music.

I backed up my library on a different hard drive beforehand as changing the format will erase all data on the hard drive

I found an issue in the Serato importer from bug report from another user. It caused missing tracks when importing from Serato. This might be the same issue as you’re having.

I’ll bring out an update this week and if you want to try it earlier just let me know and I’ll send you a test version.

Am having the same problem lexicon is downloading all my crates bu not all my music am trying to get some help also

@kevin91 which Lexicon version are you using? 1.1.18 has the fix I mentioned

Yea I did the update but it’s doing the same thing looks like I have the same format on my hard drive that the other gentleman had so I’ll have to reformat my hard drive

Update my hard drive and am still having the same problem

Can you give me a few screenshots of your Serato crates and the same in Lexicon after the import?
Also upload your Lexicon logs, from the Help menu please. I’ll take a look inside there.

Processing: E5FF67DC-0D84-4B04-9E41-FE9533927F0E.jpeg…
Uploading: E86501F6-73B1-428B-A504-67F193ECC3DD.jpeg…
Uploading: 2EDE75E7-403A-4968-B221-52F7A0AF0115.jpeg…
Uploading: 575C4570-5490-4BE0-93B4-1DE9064FD677.jpeg…
Uploading: 8DC19B03-716F-4F6E-A5C2-8471AA429FF1.jpeg…

Try again, those don’t work

I checked your logs and I did see that the importer was skipped some files but I can’t really see why. Usually those files are missing.

Can you check if this file exists on your hard drive? /Volumes/LaCie/SHADOW JUST FOR YOU/13 One Love.mp3
I just took a random one but there are many more like that.

I have the same issue here, trying to import my Serato crates.
Lex. is only importing 287 of my tracks and I have a few thousand.

Check if your drives are connected and working normally, that is always a possible cause of this

Connected and loading in Serato 100 percent.

Installed the Lexicon update and it did import a few more but still missing 80 percent of my music.

Best

Can you upload your Lexicon logs? From the Help menu. I’ll take a look.
Mention this forum topic please

I’ll do this when I get back home.
Hopefully I still have time on my trial.

Best,
JL

Hey Christiaan,

I’m in the “Help Center” and I’m looking for logs and I’m not finding anything…
Can you guide me a little more…

Best

In here: Upload Logs/Database

1 Like

What kind of hard drive is your music on? Might be that Lexicon is not waiting long enough and if the drive is a bit slow, this can happen