Set preferred folder for duplicate tracks?

I’ll try and reproduce the problem here, that could help.
Can you upload your Lexicon database, from the Help menu? And mention a track that has the 0 BPM problem so I can find it in Rekordbox.
And can you upload that same track, so I have the MP3 file too? You can use this link to upload.

About the cues, maybe you changed the setting on the Sync page? There are multiple ways Lexicon can export cues to RB

Done! Uploaded the Lexicon database from Help menu with the track and artist(s) names in the description, as well as uploaded the track from Rekordbox to the link you provided.

Let me know if you need me to do anything else, or if I should try anything else.

Hmm no problem here after restoring your LXC database and syncing that track to RB.

The problem is that RB is showing 0 BPM in the top right corner?

The problem is the same as the screenshot above - the BPM and grid seem to be there, with my hot cues and memory points in Lexicon, but after syncing back to Rekordbox about half of them show BPM 0.00 and there is no beat grid.

I believe I followed the sync to Rekordbox instructions correctly and turned off BPM / Grid, under the ‘Track Analysis Setting’ in Rekordbox, and left the ‘Phrase’ as the only option checked.

I’ll try to sync from Lexicon to Rekordbox again and see if it persists.

Regarding the cue and memory points - how are they distinguished from each other in Lexicon?
I see my memory points as white marks along my track and my cues as colored marks, but I’m not seeing how to edit the memory points.

I use hot cues and memory points for different reasons, therefore all my hot cues tend to overlap with a memory point as well. Since syncing back to Rekordbox those memory points, and only those memory points that overlap, are gone. Should I be setting the sync option to something other than default for ‘Cue Destination’?

I just tried sync again from Lexicon to Rekordbox and realized I had previously had auto-analyze enabled, but BPM/Grid unchecked - so auto-analyze was now disabled and the only thing checked is ‘Phase’.

Now, none of the waveforms or artwork appears until I load the track into the player.

The 0.00BPM and no grid issue is also still present as well as missing memory points where hot cue points are also set. These issues are now not only affecting half the tracks, but all of them. I have randomly loaded many different tracks to the player and they are now all showing 0bpm, no grid and missing memory points, as opposed to only about half before, when auto-analyze was enabled.

I’ll attach a photo showing what settings for both sync in Lexicon and Rekordbox, as well as the problems I stated above.

And if you right click a track and tell it to analyze again?

I’d have to dig into your Rekordbox database and beatgrid files to see if I can find something weird there. If you can upload it, then I can test it here.
If you zip the rekordbox folder, you can find it here: Lexicon with Rekordbox 6 write support. It’s the entire folder that contains the master.db file.
You can upload with the previous link again.

I’ll test your database folder with the track you sent me earlier. Hopefully I’ll see the missing beatgrid thing too.

About the cue destination: it is explained here: Rekordbox | Lexicon - DJ Library Management

Normally leaving it on default is fine.
But it might be the case that those cues that are at identical position as the hot cues are not imported, because they would be duplicates.
Let’s focus on the other issue for now because doing 2 at the same time is very confusing and I don’t think they are related. But I suspect it has to do with that they are on identical positions and they are getting dropped.

1 Like

If I right-click a track and analyze again with only ‘Phase’ selected, nothing changes. If I analyze with BPM/Grid and Phase checked, the bpm and grid now show, but the overlapping memory points are still gone.

I’ll try to upload the Rekordbox folder in a moment and report back.

1 Like

Rekordbox folder has been uploaded!

Any suggestions on where to go from here?
I’m tempted to reset back to the backups I made and try again

I’m testing your library soon. I’ll let you know if I find something. If not, then we can do a backup reset.

1 Like

Awesome. Cheers!

Well I was able to get the 0 BPM problem going here. The beatgrid file in RB for that track didn’t have any beats, so that’s why it was unable to determine what BPM it should be.

Not sure what I did after that exactly but the second time I started RB, the BPM is 174.

Did you try running a sync from LXC a second time? Maybe do one with just that test track in a playlist and only sync that playlist.

I believe I tried the sync multiple times, but I’ll try again now.

Does the track have a beat grid and bpm in Lexicon?
It seemed to have both when I looked.
Theoretically, if it has beats / grid / bpm in Lexicon, after it’s sync 'd back to Rekordbox, it should have them there as well, right?

I think the only time grids and bpm’s showed up for me in Rekordbox after a sync was when auto-analyze was on and the grid / bpm options were checked - which I took to mean it was just re-analyzing those tracks - when they should already have a grid/bpm from Lexicon, no?

OK, so I just tried syncing LXC to RB, just one playlist with that same track in it - no matter what settings I set for analyze, it would not find OR create a beatgrid/bpm for the track.
Even if in RB I right clicked and analyzed the track, with Grid / BPM and Phrase selected, the track would not update to have a grid or bpm - it just stayed at 0.00bpm and no beat grid.
I also restarted RB after trying these different settings and analyzing/not analyzing and it still has 0bpm and no grid.

The bpm is shown in the bpm column of the browser but it still doesn’t change when the track is loaded and/or analyzed.

Here’s a screenshot of my LXC sync settings and the track in the player, showing the bpm and what I think is a beatgrid (I’m not sure how to check that there is actually a grid in LXC, though).

Here’s a screenshot of the settings I used in RB by right-clicking and analyzing the track manually, with still 0.00bpm and no Grid after analysis:

Unless you can verify that there is in fact a beatgrid in LXC for the track, I’m starting to think that even though it has a bpm and appears to show a grid with each beat in the player, which lines up as it should - it may in fact NOT have a beatgrid. When I select the magnifying glass on the player labeled ‘Jump to the next beatgrid marker’, but rather than go to a spot on the grid, it jumps to the very beginning of the track, before the first beat comes in.

Here is a screenshot of the button I am referring to in LXC:

If it is true that the track does not have a beatgrid in Lexicon, and therefore wouldn’t when it’s imported into RB either, the problem surely occurred during the process of removing Duplicates, right?

Let me know if I can do anything else to help figure this out.

Yes that has a grid, otherwise you wouldn’t see grid lines.

What I did was add your test track to an empty LXC, analyze it and then sync to RB. The track had 0 BPM before in RB but after that it had 174.

You can try deleting the beatgrids folder, see Lexicon with Rekordbox 6 write support. Delete the share/PIONEER/USBANLZ (or rename) and start RB. Your grids and waveforms will be gone but you should be able to analyze with only Phrase enabled to recreate them.

1 Like

Will that be creating brand new grids for the tracks or just recovering them?
I spent quite a long time manually setting the beatgrids for all my tracks in RB - it’d be a shame to have to delete all that (years worth) work.

Do you know if those grids are included when you make a full backup in RB?
I’d be happy to try anything as long as I’m sure I can get my previous work back if things go sideways.

Also, what were the settings to use when analyzing the track in Lexicon?

If you backup the rekordbox folder then you have a full backup of everything except your music.

In LXC just analyze the BPM

1 Like

Ok, I tried analyzing the track in LXC and syncing it back to RB, then re-named the USBANLZ file, opened RB, right-clicked the track, and analyzed it with only ‘Phrase’ selected. The track still shows the same as before - 0bpm and no grid.

Did you mean I should also empty/reset LXC and import/add only that track back into it from RB?
Or something different?

Okay interesting. So when RB reanalyzes it, it still goes to 0 BPM.
I’ll have to test a few more things with your library tomorrow. No idea where this comes from yet though but maybe I can let Lexicon fix it.