Set preferred folder for duplicate tracks?

I’m testing your library soon. I’ll let you know if I find something. If not, then we can do a backup reset.

1 Like

Awesome. Cheers!

Well I was able to get the 0 BPM problem going here. The beatgrid file in RB for that track didn’t have any beats, so that’s why it was unable to determine what BPM it should be.

Not sure what I did after that exactly but the second time I started RB, the BPM is 174.

Did you try running a sync from LXC a second time? Maybe do one with just that test track in a playlist and only sync that playlist.

I believe I tried the sync multiple times, but I’ll try again now.

Does the track have a beat grid and bpm in Lexicon?
It seemed to have both when I looked.
Theoretically, if it has beats / grid / bpm in Lexicon, after it’s sync 'd back to Rekordbox, it should have them there as well, right?

I think the only time grids and bpm’s showed up for me in Rekordbox after a sync was when auto-analyze was on and the grid / bpm options were checked - which I took to mean it was just re-analyzing those tracks - when they should already have a grid/bpm from Lexicon, no?

OK, so I just tried syncing LXC to RB, just one playlist with that same track in it - no matter what settings I set for analyze, it would not find OR create a beatgrid/bpm for the track.
Even if in RB I right clicked and analyzed the track, with Grid / BPM and Phrase selected, the track would not update to have a grid or bpm - it just stayed at 0.00bpm and no beat grid.
I also restarted RB after trying these different settings and analyzing/not analyzing and it still has 0bpm and no grid.

The bpm is shown in the bpm column of the browser but it still doesn’t change when the track is loaded and/or analyzed.

Here’s a screenshot of my LXC sync settings and the track in the player, showing the bpm and what I think is a beatgrid (I’m not sure how to check that there is actually a grid in LXC, though).

Here’s a screenshot of the settings I used in RB by right-clicking and analyzing the track manually, with still 0.00bpm and no Grid after analysis:

Unless you can verify that there is in fact a beatgrid in LXC for the track, I’m starting to think that even though it has a bpm and appears to show a grid with each beat in the player, which lines up as it should - it may in fact NOT have a beatgrid. When I select the magnifying glass on the player labeled ‘Jump to the next beatgrid marker’, but rather than go to a spot on the grid, it jumps to the very beginning of the track, before the first beat comes in.

Here is a screenshot of the button I am referring to in LXC:

If it is true that the track does not have a beatgrid in Lexicon, and therefore wouldn’t when it’s imported into RB either, the problem surely occurred during the process of removing Duplicates, right?

Let me know if I can do anything else to help figure this out.

Yes that has a grid, otherwise you wouldn’t see grid lines.

What I did was add your test track to an empty LXC, analyze it and then sync to RB. The track had 0 BPM before in RB but after that it had 174.

You can try deleting the beatgrids folder, see Lexicon with Rekordbox 6 write support. Delete the share/PIONEER/USBANLZ (or rename) and start RB. Your grids and waveforms will be gone but you should be able to analyze with only Phrase enabled to recreate them.

1 Like

Will that be creating brand new grids for the tracks or just recovering them?
I spent quite a long time manually setting the beatgrids for all my tracks in RB - it’d be a shame to have to delete all that (years worth) work.

Do you know if those grids are included when you make a full backup in RB?
I’d be happy to try anything as long as I’m sure I can get my previous work back if things go sideways.

Also, what were the settings to use when analyzing the track in Lexicon?

If you backup the rekordbox folder then you have a full backup of everything except your music.

In LXC just analyze the BPM

1 Like

Ok, I tried analyzing the track in LXC and syncing it back to RB, then re-named the USBANLZ file, opened RB, right-clicked the track, and analyzed it with only ‘Phrase’ selected. The track still shows the same as before - 0bpm and no grid.

Did you mean I should also empty/reset LXC and import/add only that track back into it from RB?
Or something different?

Okay interesting. So when RB reanalyzes it, it still goes to 0 BPM.
I’ll have to test a few more things with your library tomorrow. No idea where this comes from yet though but maybe I can let Lexicon fix it.

I’ve checked again but the only way I know that LXC can create the analysis data file that I’m seeing is when it thinks a track has no beatgrid markers or no duration. But the track has both and when I test it here with your library, everything is fine.

And if LXC encounters one of these data files that is not the same as what LXC creates, then LXC updates it. So it should auto fix it as well.

So at the moment I don’t know if this is caused by LXC yet or just a RB weird thing/bug

Any suggestions as to what I should do/try from here?
Should I maybe restore from my backup and try the duplicate removal process again and see if anything changes?

I’ve gone ahead and restored Rekordbox to my backup made before trying the find duplicates process in Lexicon, done a full import into Lexicon and decided to try the process again.

I’ve finished the find duplicates process and then sync’d back to Rekordbox using the standard settings.

In RB, I’m currently letting it auto-analyze the tracks with BPM/Grid (grey’d out) and Phase selected. So far, it seems the previous issue of 0.00bpm and no grids is gone.

However, the issue of the overlapping memory points being deleted still remains.
Any memory point that shared a position with a hot cue has been deleted, leaving only the hot cue.

I’ll update if I notice anything else as it continues analyzing.

Alright. Well the overlapping cue thing is just a limitation of how Lexicon handles cues right now. I’m not really sure I can (or want to) really change that because it would bring problems to other users. And I think there are more users that don’t want this change than that do.

Maybe an idea to rethink the cue strategy? Lexicon can send cues to hot, memory or both so maybe you can do something with that.

Now that it’s finished analyzing the library, I’ve had a look through it to see if anything else is changed. The 0.00bpm and no grid issue does still appear, although not as frequent as the last time, but it does still appear throughout the library. I’m not sure what shared trait those tracks have, if any, but there are still quite a few. It seems to me that it’s something happening during the duplicate process in Lexicon that is the issue - prior to that, everything is as it should be in the library.

Okay that is interesting information, maybe there is something there. I’ll do some testing there

1 Like

I made a small change in the RB exporter. Sometimes tracks were having the 0 BPM problem and RB would not analyze the track, that should now be corrected by Lexicon on sync.

I’m not sure this is the same reason for all the 0 BPM tracks but hopefully it reduces it further.

Will be in the next update.

Looking forward to it.

For the time being I’ve decided to restore back to a previous RB backup I made.

After restoring, my tags seem to still be overwritten by Lexicon’s "Genre > … "format - which has a lot of strange duplicates as well. Is there a way to just reset them back to the RB default without wiping any tags set already? Sorry, I know, it’s more of a question for Pioneer but thought you might know

This last change I mentioned is already in the latest Lexicon.

See Rekordbox | Lexicon - DJ Library Management at the bottom for the answers to your tags question.

1 Like