Sync to Engine fails with SQLite error

yeah, Im wondering that too, but cant for the life of me think what has changed to suddenly stop it working.

To be more sure of this, is there any way to confirm if the access to the ‘information’ table is the first thing that would happen? It would potentially support the theory if so, but equally if the DB file is successfully manipulated in some other way first then that is unlikely to be the cause, if you follow the logic?

I’ve got the following in the logs, which seem to indicate that LXC can access the DB, ie not some sort of OS file lock?

[2023-01-03T09:54:44.008Z] [debug]: init track copier to _internal
[2023-01-03T09:54:44.008Z] [debug]: enginedj: starting export
{
  "targetRoot": "_internal",
  "isHardwareDeviceSync": false
}
[2023-01-03T09:54:44.597Z] [verbose]: Found the following drives: B:, C:, D:, E:, H:, M:, P:, V:, Z:
[2023-01-03T09:54:44.651Z] [verbose]: backup: already exists for current time window, not creating another...
{
  "sourceFolder": "C:/Users/miles/Music/Engine Library/Database2",
  "window": "day"
}
[2023-01-03T09:54:44.781Z] [verbose]: backup: already exists for current time window, not creating another...
{
  "sourceFolder": "M:/Engine Library/Database2",
  "window": "day"
}
[2023-01-03T09:54:45.372Z] [verbose]: Found the following drives: B:, C:, D:, E:, H:, M:, P:, V:, Z:
[2023-01-03T09:54:45.966Z] [verbose]: Found the following drives: B:, C:, D:, E:, H:, M:, P:, V:, Z:
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.001Z] [debug]: enginedj: database open C:/Users/miles/Music/Engine Library/Database2
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.003Z] [verbose]: enginedj: starting export to drive C:/Users/miles/Music/Engine Library/Database2
{
  "dbVersion": "2.20.2",
  "isHardwareDeviceSync": false
}
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.015Z] [debug]: (Playlist Sync) exporting batch of 1...
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.017Z] [verbose]: enginedj: upserting 1 tracks
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.068Z] [verbose]: enginedj: batch export complete
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.230Z] [debug]: enginedj: database open M:/Engine Library/Database2
[2023-01-03T09:54:46.265Z] [error]: QUERY FAILED: 
SELECT  *
FROM Information

just to add to this, in the case above I was syncing 1 playlist with 1 track. the track is now present in the EDJ collection, but the playlist isnt. This further indicates that the Engine DB was written to.

The Information query is the first thing that happens when Lexicon opens the database.

Looking at the log, it can access your C: database just fine but on the M: database it fails

My M drive is a network drive where I have my music files syncing as a backup. Everything Denon needs to access should be on the C drive in the default locations under ‘Music’.

why is it trying to access the network drive/

so, this is interesting. There is an Engine library folder on the M drive with an m.db file inside sized 0KB.
If I delete it, as soon as I attempt a sync, LXC (or EDJ) creates a new folder with the same zero sized db in. Is that whats causing it to fail, as this file doesnt contain any tables at all?

If so, how do I stop it doing this?

So, i think we’re getting somewhere.

I realised there were a handful of tracks in LXC with a file path pointing to M. There were all duplicates, so I’ve removed them from the LXC library and now when I do a sync the engine folder and empty db aren’t created on M, and a full sync now works.

My only problem now is that my LXC library effectively contains all the beatgrids from EDJ when I previously imported. Now I’ve started from an empty EDJ library I was expecting the beatgrids to sync when I do a full sync. However EDJ is not showing any grids and tracks look like they are unanalysed.

How do I do a full sync and ensure that LXC beatgrids are also synced?

If you have the grids in Lexicon, they should sync to Engine. You do need to analyze your tracks in Engine after the first time you sync.

Glad that you found the network drive problem. I’ll try and see if I can make sure this is handled in a nicer way by Lexicon.

Thanks for the help, spotting the m drive was key.

It seems like engine wants a DB on every drive, read that elsewhere, but the issue is that for whatever reason the DB that was created in this drive was just empty with no tables. If it got created with the right schema it would pube fine. I’m not if that’s a LXC or EDJ thing though?

No idea but I’ll try and find out

I’m getting this error too. Just started. Using latest versions of both software. Is it normal for the software to create a database2 when you sink? I deleted it and same thing hapened.

Yes it’s normal to create an Engine database file on each drive that you have music for in Lexicon.
If it try to create them on network drives, best to remove that music from Lexicon so it won’t try to create that anymore. Engine doesn’t support network drives anyway.

The engine database and music is already on the external drive.

I’m just updating music I just added to my lexicon library and music database. Syncing it to another external drive that the engine database and music files are on.

Should not be a problem. But if you’re getting that same error from earlier, that might be permission related. Maybe a read only drive or something?

Just to be clear. I have one SSD for my lexicon music database connected directly to my computer.

Another SSD with the Engine Library connected directly to my computer.

While both mounted, I am doing the sync. My initial syn went perfect. After adding additional music to my lexicon library, I wanted to sync that with my Engine Library. The SSD with the Engine Library is creating a folder Datatbase2. Is that what should be happening and am I doing this process correctly?

BTW what do you mean by “best to remove that music from Lexicon so it won’t try to create that anymore”

Can you upload your logs, from the Help menu? Just want to check what error you’re getting

Yes, the Engine Library folders are normal

Please tell me where to locate that.

BTW. I want to thank you for your amazing service. I ditched Rekordox mainly because of that. Your product thus far has been fantastic!

1 Like

Uploaded. Just reread your message. I improperly read the first time. Sorry

No problem, support is part of it :slight_smile:

So I checked your log and it shows that it has that error when trying to read this database: /Volumes/TM Lib 4TB/Engine Library/Database2/m.db

Is that a normal external drive? I do think this is a permission problem because of that error. Have you tried restarting your computer?