Sync to Engine fails with SQLite error

I will try to restart now. To be clear, does LX start a new database each time it’s saved?

Sent you the log again with a message

In your last sync to your TM Engine drive, it had a permission problem again. It needs to make the database file there for Engine to read. I don’t know why it can’t create it but I don’t think that is a Lexicon problem. Something is blocking Lexicon, or maybe the permissions are not right.

I tried to sync to my desktop engine DJ library to to an external drive, it gets to 97% and then the error pops up SQLite. It’s not permissions. I’ve done many times and no problem. I’m sending the log again.

Can you try deleting the Database2 folder on the TM Engine drive, then sync again? Maybe that database is corrupt, deleting it will create a new one

So that actually was the case. The database was corrupt! Also, moronically I was using the drive to do the sync. I should have selected the Engine database on my desktop not the external drive. That drive is actually the saved back up from the engine app. As usually. Thanks for your help. Now I’ll start sorting out Rekordbox. I’m sure you’ll hear from me soon. lol

Thanks for your quick responses!

1 Like

I’m back! Now I’m ready to tackle RB. Downloaded a fresh copy under a new profile as to not mix up the problem I was having with RB on my PC profile, which got me to Lexicon in the first place. RB is completely empty. I don’t see it in the list on the sync page of things to sync to. Specifically the Desktop of RB (like Engine). Do I have to load everything into RB first before I can do any syncing from Lexicon? I thought I could sync all the metadata from Lexicon to RBa nd then in RB point to the drive where the library was.

On the Sync page you can select Rekordbox.

There is no “target drive” option like Engine has. You can’t sync directly to a RB USB stick. To create a USB, you still need to use RB first.

Hi Christian, thats not what I was asking. When I do a sync to Engine from Lexicon, on the right side/ bottom, the pulldown asks you where you want to sync to and I use Desktop Engine, fine. When I tried to sync the library with RB it doesn’t appear in the list of available options. I’m not trying to bypass that process. RB wasn’t showing up as an option and I was asking what I need to do prior to doing my first sync to RB from Lexicon because it doesn’t show up as a sync option.

I’m an idiot. Sorry and thanks for your patience. I’ll try now.

1 Like

Hi Christiaan. Going through some more hell here. Lex is fine, works great. Upgraded to yearly Pro.
I’m having an issue where RB is not letting me sync. It’s not seeing any drives, not letting me select playlists to sync. Using Monteray 12 and RB 5.8. Already tried the other stuff like permissions of folders and external volumes. This is important as I have a gig using Poner stuff this weekend. Please help!

Engine is acting weird too. When I update an existing drive, instead of it just updating what has changed it is copying the whole playlist again for instance. Not really syncing what’s changed. I am in an Engine Forum and someone else using Lex having the same problem. I believe he did what I did initially when I first started. When syncing initially LEX was looking for a target drive. I used an external drive first Instead of syncing to the application on the desktop. I wondering if this would have caused the probelm.

Also! Everytime I do another sync to RB it created a new XML file. Can I overwrite the previous and it will just sync what I updated in LEX or create a new one. Obviously I don’t want to go thru the process of importing and analyzing again.

You can always overwrite the XML files. After RB has imported from it, you don’t need it anymore.

For your RB issues, I’m not sure. Have you tried right clicking a playlist and export to the USB? Is the USB correctly formatted? FAT32 or exFAT usually

As for Engine, if you use LXC and Denon hardware, it is easiest to let LXC sync to the target drive (also FAT32 or exFAT USB or disks). There might be issues letting both LXC and Engine desktop sync to the same drive, because I just don’t know 100% how Engine works with it’s multiple databases.

Concerning RB, will the new XML file just update what was changed in LXC or will it force a whole new import, analyze, etc? Yes, tried right click - grayed out. Drives are exFat. I really need to sort this out.

The XML will overwrite whatever information it has. So title, artist, etc but also your BPM, beatgrids and cues since they are all in the XML. Your MyTags won’t change, the XML does not support those.

I don’t really know how to solve this, this sounds like a Rekordbox problem. Especially since you are using the official XML method.
Try formatting the USB as FAT32 (not exFAT), maybe that works.

Hi, I created this thread initially, and @tmusto its me that was replying to you in the Denon thread about the issue with syncing LXC to external USB causing weird duplicate issues! Looks like we are both having similar issues. As I said there, I think i’ve narrowed this down to being somehow triggered by doing a LXC to USB sync, and I raised another tocket in LXC where Christian has said its not a priority.

It would be great if this could be resolved, but I guess as a workaround I’m just deciding to avoid doing any sort of direct sync to USB and doing it first to the Engine PC, and then to USB from Engine. That works well enough and at least forces the Engine library to always be in sync.

It’s not top priority right now but I’ll take a closer look when I have some time, after the mobile app goes into alpha/beta phase.

Thanks @Mhollers . Validating what I’ve had happen is soothing lol. I will try to do what you suggested as a work around. I’m having a more pressing issue with RB to be honest. It’s not seeing any external drives and I’ve already done all the permissions stuff. Thanks for your help @Christiaan.